The api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll error loading is a common issue that occurs when the system fails to locate or load the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file. This DLL file is a part of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package and is essential for running certain applications on Windows. Here’s a closer look at the error and possible solutions:
Causes of the error: The error can be caused by various factors, including:
- Missing or corrupted DLL file: The api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file may be missing or corrupted, preventing the system from locating it during application execution.
- Outdated or incompatible Visual C++ Redistributable: The installed version of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package may be outdated or incompatible with the application that requires api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll.
- Software conflicts: Conflicts between different versions of Visual C++ Redistributable or other software components can lead to the error.
Error messages and symptoms: When encountering the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll error loading, you might see error messages such as:
- The program cannot start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer.
- api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing or not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
- Application crashes or fails to launch.
Solutions to resolve the error:
- Install the Visual C++ Redistributable package: Download and install the appropriate version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package for your system. You can obtain the package from the official Microsoft website or the software vendor’s website. Make sure to select the correct architecture 32-bit or 64-bit and the corresponding version of Visual C++ Redistributable.
- Repair or reinstall the Visual C++ Redistributable package: If you already have the Visual C++ Redistributable package installed, you can try repairing or reinstalling it. Go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features, locate the Visual C++ Redistributable package in the list, right-click, and select Repair or Uninstall followed by a fresh installation api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll.
- Windows Update: Ensure that your operating system is up to date with the latest Windows updates. Sometimes, missing DLL errors can be resolved by installing the latest updates, as they may include fixes or updates related to the Visual C++ Redistributable package.
- System file checker: Run the System File Checker SFC tool to scan and repair any corrupted system files. Open a command prompt with administrative privileges, type sfc /scannow without quotes, and press Enter. The tool will scan your system for errors and attempt to fix them.
- Check for software conflicts: If you have multiple versions of Visual C++ Redistributable installed, conflicts may arise. Uninstall any conflicting versions from the Programs and Features section in the Control Panel.
- Seek expert assistance: If the error persists despite trying the above solutions, it is advisable to seek assistance from technical support or the software vendor. They can provide specialized guidance and troubleshoot the issue based on your specific system configuration and application requirements.